Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Warning--this post may make you mad.

  1. #11
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Warning--this post may make you mad.

    Quote Originally Posted by centennialdawg View Post
    So, the ones who are doing this, are they to expect that when you all get your tools back that they can expect to be banned for something that happened in the past? I'm sorry, but banning people for something they did in the past is just not right. I say, tell them when you get your tools and then ban them if they "transgress". Just banning them right off the "bat" with no warning is not right. Even a "condemned" person is allowed his/her appeals before sentence is carried out.


    We all know who those people are and that is why most everyone is waiting to post. Just don't bite into their immaturity.
    Well cdawg...tell you what. If some of these folks who have showed themselves to be bad posters in terms of breaking the rules of common decency/sense straighten their act up--we'll do things on a case-by-case basis. Some people just don't learn though, and it's apparent that some people probably won't. If we don't do anything, then all of this arse-showing while the rules aren't able to be enforced was perfectly fine...when it's really not at all. If some of these posters want to act this way and cuss each other out at each turn--they need to leave here and go start their own board.

    I'd rather run off 4-5 bad apples via bannings and have a smoother running board with somewhat constructive discussions that are empassioned, but amicable, than run off 30-40+ members who are upset about these people who are allowed to do whatever they want and cross any lines they want.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Warning--this post may make you mad.

    I think you missed my point. I understand you being mad as hell, but I think that once you all get your tools back, with a warning, you all would be able to straighten out the "bad apples". I get frustrated at the way things are too, but getting on here and just posting an "all-out" blanket warning without the tools to back it up is just gonna make things worse.

    BTW, what has Steve had to say about this? And what about Rock? I know he is frustrated, but I do feel if he came out and said something about it, then he would carry a little more weight.

    I do understand you frustrations, believe me, I do.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Warning--this post may make you mad.

    Quote Originally Posted by centennialdawg View Post
    BTW, what has Steve had to say about this? And what about Rock? I know he is frustrated, but I do feel if he came out and said something about it, then he would carry a little more weight.
    Steve PM'ed me and explained a lot of the stuff that has went down on the software end of things. He and his people are working on things, and I think we've agreed to disagree on how we view the pace of their work over the past 5 months or so. I understand his plight, but at the same time if I were in his spot...suffice to say I'd likely have lost/upset members too. It's just the way it is...for now.

    As for Rock, not sure what's been going on with him. We'll see what he has to say about it when he gets a chance to check in.

    I think what I say carries some weight because I've had so many posters either tell me in person or via PM that they're not happy with how the board is (both content & software-wise), and that they're either gonna read but not post, even though they're good contributors and have been for years...or, they're flat out done with the board and want to be taken off the membership. I'm speaking from the POV of those posters that are very upset, want results, and really want this place to flourish like it has in the past.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  4. #14
    Site Administrator Team Hostboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    997,453
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Cool Re: Warning--this post may make you mad.

    I have PM'd Brad and sort of gave him a brief history on the porting and merger so he knows sort of how it came to be and a little bit about Hostboard in general. Also that although we use a commercial forum product as the core Hostboard's interface is 100% custom written thus the tools need to be developed as well for this forum.

    I will be in contact with Brad the next few days to get a better idea of what tools he feels are necessary to properly manage the forum as what I think is necessary might not be the same. Also if any of the other moderators have suggestions please let us know over at the help desk.

    As for how the forum is managed the Hostboard administration is 100% hands off.
    Please do not PM or e-mail me for support.
    The fastest way to get support is through our Help Desk

  5. #15
    Inactive Member john2234's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 1st, 2009
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Warning--this post may make you mad.

    I agree with you. But, sometimes it is hard to use this system, I think this is also the problem

  6. #16
    Site Administrator Team Hostboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    997,453
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Re: Warning--this post may make you mad.

    Without feedback we will never know if there are problems or quesitons. Please let us know in as much detail as possible over at the HelpDesk. That is the only place you are guaranteed that we will see a post.
    Please do not PM or e-mail me for support.
    The fastest way to get support is through our Help Desk

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Warning--this post may make you mad.

    I hate the antifluffing feature were you must have astleast 10 characters to post. I cant just put a simple thanks with out adding to it to post. I dislike alot of the features on here and that is why I rarely post here anymore. I too will most likely join the others that have left here. As for the content I just havnt seen anything because of rarely being on here but what I have seen is no where near as bad as it used to be. No worries of bad language from me because I find it childish to do so. An Adult finds they do not need to use those types of sentence enhancers to make a point. But anyway it is not the content of the board nor the moderation of the board that is running me off. It is the board(features) itself that is.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Warning--this post may make you mad.

    However I do like the arcade.

  9. #19
    Site Administrator Team Hostboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    997,453
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Re: Warning--this post may make you mad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I hate the antifluffing feature were you must have astleast 10 characters to post. I cant just put a simple thanks with out adding to it to post. I dislike alot of the features on here and that is why I rarely post here anymore. I too will most likely join the others that have left here. As for the content I just havnt seen anything because of rarely being on here but what I have seen is no where near as bad as it used to be. No worries of bad language from me because I find it childish to do so. An Adult finds they do not need to use those types of sentence enhancers to make a point. But anyway it is not the content of the board nor the moderation of the board that is running me off. It is the board(features) itself that is.

    We are testing a "thank You" modification that allows an easy 1 click to post a thank you to a thread. Look for it in the next day or 2.
    Please do not PM or e-mail me for support.
    The fastest way to get support is through our Help Desk

  10. #20
    Site Administrator Team Hostboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    997,453
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Re: Warning--this post may make you mad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I hate the antifluffing feature were you must have astleast 10 characters to post. I cant just put a simple thanks with out adding to it to post. I dislike alot of the features on here and that is why I rarely post here anymore. I too will most likely join the others that have left here. As for the content I just havnt seen anything because of rarely being on here but what I have seen is no where near as bad as it used to be. No worries of bad language from me because I find it childish to do so. An Adult finds they do not need to use those types of sentence enhancers to make a point. But anyway it is not the content of the board nor the moderation of the board that is running me off. It is the board(features) itself that is.
    See it is simple thing like this that we do not know are issues for the users. 10 characters to post is a problem. Ok reconfigured so it is now 3. Again we are not mind readers and unless someone speaks up and lets us kow over at the help desk we will never know and you will just remain frustrated.
    Please do not PM or e-mail me for support.
    The fastest way to get support is through our Help Desk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •